As a national credential system, WSQ can be used as a workforce development tool for employers to develop a skilled workforce, which will enhance their competitive edge and advance their businesses.
WSQ can benefit employers in the following ways:
- Provide quality assured and industry-relevant training choices
- Guide training and development planning
- Guide performance management
- Strengthen in-house training capabilities
- Facilitate recruitment of competent staff who are certified and equipped with the required skills and competencies.
WSQ develops skills and competencies in two aspects: Technical and Generic.